Ads Top

Four Items You Don't Need (but still really really want)

It's true: I am an Apple addict. To be fair, it's kind of a family thing. Between my mom, dad, brother, and myself, we own approximately 30-40 various Apple devices at tech, collected over the past 10 years. Since coming to college, I have sought help from various support groups and have recovered. However, whenever Apple comes out with a new product, it still takes some self-control to not empty out my bank account.

In order to help other tech addicts out there, I would like to share my top five tech items that everyone really doesn't need but really wants. (Note: This is not a wish list. Not at all.)

1. Apple's New Rose Gold MacBook




It's a traditional MacBook, nothing exciting, except in ROSE GOLD. I don't even like rose gold, but it's so fresh and clean looking. How could you pass this up? Of course, the space grey would match my phone, so that might be the better option. Starts at $1299. 

2. Xbox One Elite



I'm not a gamer. I grew up playing Looney Tunes Space Race and losing miserably to my brother. However, Xbox has proven to very handy to combine both my Netflix and regular DVD watching habits. This Xbox's only true advantage is the 1TB hard drive and amazing controller. Worth the $499? Probably not, especially just for watching movies. 

3. Panasonic TX-65CZ952



This is the best Ultra HD 4K TV. The picture quality is phenomenal and at 65 inches it's perfect for the aforementioned Netflix viewings. However, the sound is only okay and the price ($11,150) makes me want to cry. 

4. 42mm 18-Karat Rose Gold Case with Midnight Blue Classic Buckle



I can see the versatility and usability of an Apple watch (specifically for when phones are not supposed to be out) but this one retails at $15,000. Despite my desire to be able to answer messages immediately and love of all things navy-colored, I don't think the price of one semester at Harding is totally desirable. 

All of this technology is great, but this is the cream of the crop (or pricest) when it comes down to it. My advice would be to just buy the smaller/cheaper/better reviewed option and spend the money saved on an extra shot of espresso this finals week. Best of luck, fellow tech addicts!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.