Ads Top

It Translates and Reads Text to Speech, the ScanMarker!

If you are like me, no matter what those midterms grades were, you are still trying to find a way to improve your studying habits, and maybe even find some tools to help you along the way.

I often write and type notes for hours on end until my hand starts cramping. Since I have the beginnings of carpel tunnel, I wanted to find a way to minimize the work load I was putting on my finger flexors. I also noticed many of my friends who spoke English as their second language were copying their notes into their first language to study. I also have two friends with dyslexia, who ask me to read their homework out loud, and use quizlet's audio function to study their note cards.


I wanted to find a way we could minimize the work we had to do, and maybe save some time while we were at it. 

While I was searching, I found the ScanMarker and ScanMarker Air. As I was researching it, I realized that many on campus could benefit from using this tool, and might not know of it's existence. 

These markers allow you quickly and efficiently to scan text, and transfer what you scanned into a file you can edit, without making a mark.

These markers are compatible with Windows and Macintosh devices. The ScanMarker Air is even compatible with Android and Apple phones and tablets. The ScanMarker connects to your computer using a USB. The ScanMarker Air can connect using bluetooth and charges via USB connection. The ScanMarker retails for about $79.00 USD and the ScanMarker Air costs about $99.00 USD.  

 The ScanMarker works by moving over text and transferring the information into any compatible application on your computer or mobile (mobile is only available with "Air" version) using a USB or Bluetooth connection. 
Some of the applications mentioned on their website include Word, Excell, and more.
The ScanMarker can also translate the text that it scans into over 40 different languages, which is potentially helpful to foreign exchange students or for any students studying a different language.
The markers can also read the text it scans out loud to the user. This can be a helpful learning tool to students who are auditory learners, and for anyone who struggles with dyslexia.


The scan marker website even has its own blog with information on how to use their product to improve your study live and other tips on how to study.
This pen is only one of many smart pens that can help you study more effectively. For more products like this that can be bought on amazon check out this video by En on. This video includes pens that can record lectures as you write, and reusable notebooks that erase when microwaved!



You may even be able to find some of the products mentioned, or something similar in the Harding bookstore technology section.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.