Ads Top

THE BEST JOB @ HARDING (APPLY BELOW)

Hi students of Harding University. My name is Mason Clemens. I am a senior Management Information Systems major from Cincinnati, Ohio. I enjoy listening to music, playing soccer, hiking, and watching The Office. 

Oh and I almost forgot to mention... I work for DormNet.

Image result for computer nerd
Not too long ago, I was a wee little freshman here at Harding. I joined a social club, I attended a Wednesday night bible study, and I was involved in all sorts of extra curricular activities. There is no doubt I was living the Harding dream my freshman year. I was very content with my experience at Harding thus far, and I honestly cannot thank God enough for that formative year in my life. However, there was only one problem, my job. Financially, I knew I was going to need a job when I came to college. Naturally, I grabbed the quickest and easiest thing I could find at the start of my freshman year. I decided to work at a local call center because that was the only position available and it seemed pretty flexible. All I did was ask people to donate to nonprofit organizations. Though I am very thankful that God blessed me with a job that year, it was by no means fun and exciting. In fact, it was miserable.

Thankfully, the second semester of my freshman year the applications for DormNet went out. A buddy of mine who had been in my youth group was working there and told me to apply. He thought I would be a good fit for the team. So I applied, got an interview, then was given a job offer. I would start the fall semester of my sophomore year. I accepted the position. No big surprise there...

My time at DormNet has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have had at Harding. For some people, it's hard to believe that working IT could be fun, but I can promise you that it's been a blast. This job allows you to use your tech skills to put a smile on a distraught student's face. You are immediately loved by that student when you fix their computer. They will be ranting and raving about you for a week. But more than just helping people with their computers, we like to have fun while doing it. We make hip playlists, we setup Christmas decorations, we have inside jokes, and we make awkward chapel announcements/videos. I have made all kinds of memories here. As I write this blog, I am reminded of the time a DormNet coworker hit Keith Cronk, the CIO of Harding, in the face with a paper plane. Also the time that I made a karate-like chapel video with Cliff and Clax. Oh and the time that a girl offered to hide me because males aren't supposed to be in female dorms. (P.s. I had a work order in Sears Hall and was authorized to be there to fix a student's WiFi. She quickly found out that I was not breaking any rules.) The list goes on. 

Image result for nerdBut it's truly the people that have made the difference. My DormNet family, which includes my coworkers and my manager, have made these last two and a half years tremendous. This is a wonderful work environment. The Christmas Party and the DormNet Awards Banquet are just a job perk. It's the meaningful conversations and the hysterical jokes we make every single day that has made this job so special. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for these nerds.


If your mission is technology, please apply for the best job on campus. We need you!

Image result for we need you vader

If you have experience with PCs, Macs, printers, gaming systems, streaming devices, etc.
AND/OR
If you have good communication skills.

Click here to apply for the Fall 2017 DormNet Assistant Positions.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.