Ads Top

More Chrome Tips!

From my phone to my desktop, I use chrome on all my devices. Most of us use Google’s browser to get to pipeline, canvas, Netflix etc. I want to share some tips that make using chrome a little faster and hopefully, more productive.
Editing the “Apps” screen 
I use the “Apps” button (top left on the desktop version) very frequently to quickly accesses Google Drive. Group projects and backing up homework files after a library session keep my google drive on its toes. However, on the Apps page I thought it would be nice to have a button to canvas and pipeline, since we use them so often with our homework. Here’s how:
Image result for chrome logo

1) Navigate to the website you want to add as an app.
2) At the top right, click on the menu (the three dots).
3) Click More Tools.
4) Click Create shortcut.
5) Enter a name for the shortcut and click Create
(Did you know? The google drive that comes with your Harding account has unlimited storage, so upload all the seasons of Friends before they take it off Netflix!)




Shortcuts
If you're an Excel wizard, then you know how useful shortcuts are. Beyond Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V, Chrome has some shortcuts that can be very useful when you are trying to get somewhere fast. Here’s some of the best:
  • Ctrl+T (Windows/Chrome OS) and Cmd+T (macOS): Open a new tab
  • Ctrl+N (Windows/Chrome OS) and Cmd+N (macOS): Open a new window
  • Ctrl+W (Windows/Chrome OS) and Cmd+W (macOS): Close the current tab
  • Ctrl+Shift+W (Windows/Chrome OS) and Cmd+Shift+W (macOS): Close the current window.
  • Alt+D (Windows) and Cmd+I (macOS): Jump focus to the search bar
  • Ctrl+R (Windows/Chrome OS) and Cmd+R (macOS): Reload the current page
  • Ctrl+Shift+R (Windows/Chrome OS) and Cmd+Shift+R (macOS): Reload the current page without using cached content

Sending a tab to another device
I surf on the web a lot throughout the school day (not in class, of course). In doing so, I see articles or websites I want to check out later. The latest version of chrome has an awesome feature where you can send a tab to another device. So, I can send that tab full of cat gifs to my phone and look at them while I wait in the 12:00 caf line… Note, all devices must be logged into the same Google account to utilize this feature. You should be able to right click on a link, on a tab, or anywhere on the screen and it will give you the "Share to devices" option. On mobile, click on the menu (three dots, top right), click share, then select "send to your devices".


Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.