Ads Top

Raspberry Pi Minecraft Server




Unless you’ve been living under a rock since circa 2010, you’ve known about the game known as Minecraft. But did you know you can set up your own small scale server on a $30 microcomputer?

Will it be the best? No, but it will work. (Within reason)

Is it cool? Absolutely.

Will my friends think I am doing crazy hacker stuff?

It depends, there is a bit of copying and pasting into the terminal, so, maybe?

How do I do it?

Well, I followed this guide: https://www.linuxnorth.org/minecraft/

And found it to be relatively straightforward, and I feel like they covered the topic very thoroughly.

A few tips: Make sure you follow the directions EXACTLY. This isn’t like Legos where you can improvise as you go along. Unless you can, and then why do you even need a guide?

If you think this stuff is interesting, don’t be afraid to try to learn more about what the code is actually doing. There are loads of resources to help you understand. Youtube is probably my favorite resource.


Good luck!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.