Ads Top

Food or Fitness: Why not both?

It's the holiday season, full of cheer and good food. Everyone knows that after Christmas comes New Year's and plenty of resolutions. Many, perhaps, to do with the counter measures involved with the consequences of irresistibly delicious holiday meals. Why not make this year different? Instead of tossing all cares aside and digging in, get smaller portions of all the things you love. Exercising over the holiday season can be fun! Need to run around after gaining a pound or two after Thanksgiving? Run around the track, play tennis, or take a break and swing while you enjoy the lights at Berry Hill park. There are so many lights up on campus and residential areas. The entire family could take a walk or a bike ride to see the lights.


Sometimes, I think I am balancing food and fitness and it turns out it just was not enough. As a result, I like to set benchmarks to track how well I am doing, instead of hoping for the best. A little over a year ago, I decided to be more intentional in watching my weight. Originally, I was looking for scales so that I could weigh myself. At first I was just going to get the cheapest one I could find, preferably one that didn't require batteries. I didn't have much luck in finding one that didn't need batteries. I ended up deciding to go with a digital scale and began to see if I could find any good deals. While I was searching I found the FITINDEX scale.


I noticed that it didn't cost much more than the ones I could find at Walmart, and it worked in tandem with their FITINDEX app. The app has you put in your age and height. It then connects to the scale using Bluetooth and allows you to track your weight over time. You can set a goal weight and compare your current weight to a specific past weigh in. The app also estimates your BMI, body fat, Fat free body weight, subcutaneous fat, visceral fat, body water, skeletal muscle, muscle mass, bone mass, protien, BMR and metabolic age. This data is reportedly obtained through bio-impedance and data regarding body composition. While the app states that it is a good reference point for professionally obtained data, I personally do not rely on these numbers. While I have yet to use this feature, you can also sync the app to your Google fit, FitBit, or Samsung Health accounts and devices. If you are staying in Searcy or traveling for the holidays, there are always ways to make fitness fun and easy to track. I hope you have a happy healthy holiday season! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.